Manitoba’s Little Big Shots A Huge Success!
Congratulations to all the finalists of the 1st Annual Manitoba’s Little Big Shots!
On behalf of Turning Leaf Community Support Services, we thank all of the finalists for sharing their talents to help us raise funds!
The 1st Annual Manitoba’s Little Big Shots in support of Turning Leaf was held at The Metropolitan Entertainment Centre on Sunday, November 20 and we are very happy to report that it was a great success! We plan to do it all over again in 2017, so make sure you subscribe to our email list so you can be among the first to be notified!
It was fantastic that we were able to reach an audience that we wouldn’t normally reach when holding a gala. This was a family event and it was wonderful to meet so many new people. We made a lot of new friends and even recruited new volunteers for future events.
Congratulations to the winners of the Manitoba’s Little Big Shots 2016 titles!
(Click on the name to view their audition videos).
- Apphia Limosinero in the age 3-6
- Sheryllynn Padua Policarpio in the age 7-10
- Lee Angela Igne in the age 11-14
- Ben Chapman & Angelina Werestiuk-Kucinic, winner of the People’s Choice Award
Thank you to our FANTASTIC Co-hosts!
Comedians Big Daddy Tazz and Jon Ljungberg. These guys had the audience laughing throughout the entire event, making it light-hearted and so much fun! Both Big Daddy Tazz and Jon Ljungerg are available for bookings for special events and we highly recommend both of them!
Thank you to our volunteer judges!
To learn more about the judges, click here
- Tad Kojima, President at Bigshig Music & Business Development Manager at K-tel International
- Liz Crawford, CEO at Swish Productions
- Isaac Girardin, Professional Circus Performer at Mr. Circus
- Kerri Salki, Morning Show Host 94.3 The Drive
- Eddie Birkette, Owner of CMA Entertainment
Thank you to our hard-working volunteers!
Rhonda Hjorleifson, Kelsey Collins-Kramble, and Susan and Jeff Bruce, Demetre Balaktsis and Dayna Zaik.
Thank you to Manitoba’s Little Big Shots volunteer planning committee!
Brenda Bourns, Tina Lussier, Leanne Peters, Joelle Foster, Saina Fan, Aida Champagne, and Darlene Walsh.
This is how the funds raised at Manitoba’s Little Big Shots are used…
Turning Leaf is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing crisis and treatment services to those experiencing intellectual challenge and mental illness.
Through our services, our participants get more than a check-in or a meal once a day. We provide ongoing long-term support specifically adapted to each individual’s needs. We make a connection and get to know them as people. Our participants make up some of the most marginalized and vulnerable populations, and we are committed to helping those who would otherwise fall through the cracks. We unconditionally accept all our participants regardless of difficult life situations; we operate with compassion, providing a safe non-judgmental place for our participants and their families.
By helping our participants to be independent in the community with the needed tools and resources, we act as a vessel to empower change. The culture of community that we have built within our organization allows us to extend our family and impart a sense of community, hope, and acceptance to those who need it most.
By supporting Turning Leaf you are helping to make our community stronger and healthier.
Turning Leaf (Inc.) makes Winnipeg better in the following ways:
- Number of people being helped by Turning Leaf members at this moment – 268
- Number of people living in treatment and crisis homes – 46
- Transitions out of jail into safe housing and safe lives – 100+ a year
- Medications administered/delivered – 33,580+ a year
- Number of hours of crisis intervention team – 73,000 hours a year
- Homemade meals served to vulnerable people – 50,370+ a year
- Number of hours of counseling – 10,585 + a year
- Participants clothed by generous donations – 200+ a month
- How many are on the Turning Leaf waiting list today? Too many.
Turning Leaf works, 24 hours/day, 365 days a year for Winnipeg and it’s vulnerable and marginalized neighbours, friends, sons and daughters, and families.
Turning Leaf strives to provide the best possible care to our participants which are why 100% of all proceeds whether it be an impromptu donation or funds raised through our fundraising events, goes towards improving Turning Leaf’s services.
Examples of some improvements to services are:
- Educational field trips
- Facility expansion and improvements (adding showers and laundry facility)
- Temporary housing for participants in crisis
- Participant events
- Educational supplies
- Participant resource centers and workstations
Learn more about how you can support Turning Leaf as a volunteer, hosting a third-party event, donating gifts-in-kind, or applying to join our team at www.turningleafservices.com
Turning Leaf… Unconditional Acceptance – Empowering Change
Thank you to our sponsors for your generous support!
(Click on any name to visit their website).
- Brett Young Seeds
- Canad Inns
- Lowey Insurance
- Filipino Journal
- Raintree Financial / Wealth Simple
- Pharmasave Assiniboine Pharmacy
- CHB Developments
- Dr. Lawrence & Cindy Reimer
- Sun Life Financial / Gauthier Financial Inc.
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- Hollis Wealth
- Naida Communications
- Compassionate Care
- Green Valley Management
- Sarbit Insurance & Travel Agency
- Samantha Rae Photography
- Layer Video Imagery
- The Sapphire Hair Lounge
- Impact Security
- Dave’s Quick Print
- Expressions Film Studio
- La Belle Baguette
- Stony Mountain Ski Area
- Winnipeg Conservatory of Music
- Zealous Medi-Spa
Watch the video that played on the big screen at Manitoba’s Little Big Shots
The 1st Annual Manitoba’s Little Big Shots