Turning Leaf’s Clinical Services division offers a multidisciplinary, person-centered approach that helps youth and adults living with mental illness achieve stability, renewed well-being and the important skills needed for successful independent living. Made up of our Director of Integrated Behaviour Analysis, a Senior Clinical Case Manager, and multiple Therapists, our Clinical Services team works seamlessly with our crisis intervention teams and mental healthcare facilities, working 24-hours a day to meet the acute needs of our participants. Our Clinical Services division empowers our participants and our support staff through collaborative practice on an aligned journey toward increased mental and physical well-being.
When a person is referred to Turning Leaf a Clinician reviews their history so we can make a well-informed support plan. If someone is identified as needing talk therapy, intensive clinical support, or any ongoing need from a clinical perspective, Intake or the Case Manager flags the need and funds are requested. When a participant experiences a traumatic event, a Clinician will check-in and make recommendations to the team for follow up care.
Central to our Clinical Services approach is the integration of person-centered goals with evidence-based practice. The synthesis of these two schools of psychology reflects Turning leaf’s core values of unconditional acceptance and empowering change. Our Clinical team empowers our participants and our support workers through collaborative practice on an aligned journey toward increased mental and physical well-being.
MEET OUR CLINICIANS
ELISA JERSAK, M.A.
- Masters in Counselling
- Grief Recovery Specialist
- Grief and Death Studies Certification
- Registered with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Talk therapy and crisis intervention and staff support post tragic incidents
JANICE JOHNSON, M.A.
- Masters of Human Relations
- American Association of Sex Addiction Therapy
- Cybercounselling Certification
- Registered with the Professional Association of Christian Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Talk therapy and training
ASH FLEMING, M.A.
- Masters in Social Psychology
- Currently a Senior Psychologist with Manitoba Justice and Safety Division
- Talk Therapy, Home and Community Risk Assessment
- Supports participants’ complex behavioural challenges by training our teams
LUKE KEILBACK, M.A.
- Masters in Behaviour Analysis
- BCBA – Board Certified Behaviour Analyst
- Eligible for registration under P.A.M. Fall 2021
- Behavioural Analysis (Apricot)
- Complex support needs, team training and support
DELL DUCHARME, PHD
- P.A.M. Certified
- Support and training on extremely complex and challenging files
- System advocacy
FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
- Dr. Ellerby, Dr. Rothman, and Dr. Kolton provide clinical oversight to our various clinical and clinical case management teams.
Director of Integrated Behaviour Analysis
Through our Integrated Clinical Services we are able to connect with our participants in meaningful, therapeutic ways that help individuals engage in an active, positive and safe process of healing and skill-building.
2nd Floor – 2585 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0P5
100 – 845 Broad St.
Regina, SK S4R 8G9